History of AAUS
Ten doctors from Asia met in Fukuoka, Japan in November of 2003 for the purpose of organizing an association for UTI & STI in Asia. These doctors were Tetsuro Matsumoto, Yong-Hyun Cho, Min Eui Kim, Hiromi Kumon, Leonid Stratchounski, Bill Wong, Prasit Tharabichintkul, Paul Ananth Tambyah, Tetsuro Muratani, and Seung-Ju Lee. During this meeting the Asian Association of UTI & STI (AAUS) was founded and Prof. Tetsuro Matsumoto was elected president.The AAUS was in fact the very first associaton of UTI & STI in Asia. The first congress of the Association, held in Fukuoka on November 22-23, 2003 by the name of Asian UTI/STI Forum (AU/SF). In 2004, the AAUS was open to all scientists who are interested in UTIs and STIs in Asia. Currently, the AAUS is comprised of over 100 members.The Association’s goals are to :
- Clarify the etiology and the pathology of UTI & STI.
- Clarify the treatment and the prevention of UTI & STI.
- Attempt to advance and develop the research of causative organisms and the surveillance of drug susceptibility.
- Attempt to publicize the research of causative organisms and the surveillance of drug susceptibility.
- Hold the Forum of UTI & STI every year as an academic congress for members.